Sunday 31 July 2016

Failure | 2016



I've been a bit of a failure with my blog. I disappeared for months and abandoned my travel writing. I went through a tough time and lost all my motivation. But I'm back now, so let's just pretend that never happened! :)

I'm going to take a quick look at my 2016 blog goals and reassess, as the year is now more than half over.

1. Post on my blog no less than twice a week.
I definitely have not kept up with that. However, I think it's possible to catch up! I'm currently 47 posts behind, so I need to come up with creative ways to post more and stay motivated. Q&As, interviews, videos, photography, lists, challenges, etc. If anyone has any ideas or tips, please let me know!

2. Learn basic Spanish.
This year I haven't done anything to reach this goal. However, since my Peru trip has been postponed indefinitely, there isn't a rush. If I have time I'll work on it, but it really isn't a priority anymore.

3. Complete the first draft of my novel (or at least make a big effort to write).
This goal is actually something I have been working on during my blog hiatus. Even though I wasn't updating my blog, I was still doing a lot of writing. Random stories, travel journals, and novel planning. Hopefully by the end of 2016 I can have my first draft done, but it's so hard fitting everything I need to do into my life. I feel like all the writing I want to do could easily take up 40 hours a week, but I'm already working a full-time job. I'll need to fit in writing time during every possible spare moment... I'm currently writing this post on the seabus to work.

4. Have an article published.
Working on this! I have an idea, and I know which publication I want to submit it to. I will for sure do it by the end of this year.

5. Go on an adventure twice a month.
This one's been easy! I've been going on tons of weekend getaways and adventures with my boyfriend. I'll be sharing some of them in future blog posts.

So even though I've been absent from my blog for a few months, I'm really not that behind on my writing/blog goals. Ideally I'd love to make writing my full-time job, and I'm working towards that.

I have lots of blog posts planned, so please check back often! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig