Thursday 17 December 2015

Winter Weekend Getaway | Packing List




This was a difficult weekend to pack for, as I wanted to pack light, but I also needed clothes for a variety of activities. Plus, winter clothes take up a lot more space than summer clothes do. I had to be able to dress for hiking in the snow, shopping, sleeping, and a fancy dinner out with my boyfriend. Luckily Whistler is very much a ski/snowboard destination, so I knew I could get away with a sporty look most of the time. It was also super cold, and no one can really tell what you’re wearing under your winter jacket, so I could for sure be an outfit repeater without anyone knowing! I had to leave for the trip straight from work, so I was already wearing jeans, a nice top, my winter jacket, and my tall brown boots. I think wearing your bulkiest clothes and shoes for the journey is a great tip to free up space in your luggage. However, I ended up not even wearing my jeans on the trip because they just weren’t practical for the weather, so I would suggest not even bringing jeans for this kind of trip.

It may seem like a lot, but when it’s all packed up it really isn’t! I listed every single item that I brought, except for a few items that I omitted because I didn’t use them. We were lucky to be driving, so we were not limited by what you could take on a plane.

So without further ado, here is my winter weekend getaway packing list:

Clothes
-winter jacket
-activewear white long sleeve top (matches everything and is warm and good for hiking. I ended up wearing this for most of the trip)
-black fleece lined leggings (again, super versatile and could be worn for shopping as well as outdoor activities)
-3 pairs of thick black hiking socks
-6 pairs of underwear
-regular bra
-sports bra
-nice dress
-sheer black tights
-PJ shorts
-top to sleep in

Accessories
-giant blanket scarf
-toque and/or ear warmers (you could easily bring one or the other, but I thought that these were a good way of mixing up my look a little bit)
-gloves
-jewellery
-water bottle
-travel mug
-sunglasses
-prescription glasses
-a few hair ties

Shoes
-hiking/snow boots
-tall brown boots (I only wore these for the fancy dinner out, because other than that these would not have been practical)

Toiletries
-toothbrush and toothpaste
-face cloth and face wash
-moisturizer
-nail clippers and nail file
-tweezers
-deodorant
-travel size perfume
-Qtips
-contacts, eye drops, travel size contact solution, and contact case
-travel size shampoo and conditioner
-razor

Makeup (you could obviously omit any of these items, but I wanted to get dolled up for our fancy dinner as well as look nice in photos)
-concealer
-liquid foundation
-powder and powder brush
-bronzer
-blush
-liquid eyeliner
-mascara
-chapstick
-lip stain

Electronics/Entertainment
-book
-laptop
-phone
-camera
-chargers

Luggage
-small carry-on size suitcase
-backpack
-small purse
-reusable lululemon bag (to throw my shoes in)
-ziplock bags (for storage/organization of various items)
-small garbage bag (to put dirty clothes in)

Hopefully this was helpful! I always like researching packing lists before I go on a trip to make sure I’m super organized with my own packing.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig