Wednesday 25 January 2017

Travel Q&A


Long time no see! Tonight I'll be sharing my answers to some travel-related questions to get back into the swing of blogging. A few of the questions are inspired by one of my favourite travel blogs, Polkadot Passport. But, I should mention - I wrote this out a couple months ago for a school assignment.

If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?

It has always been my dream to live in Paris! It is such a beautiful and romantic city.

How often do you travel?

With my current job I get 3 weeks of vacation per year. In order to satisfy my need to travel more, I like to go on lots of mini adventures, day-trips, and weekend getaways throughout the year that don’t involve taking extra time off work!

How do you afford to travel?

I work fulltime at an insurance brokerage, but I have a lot of big expenses such as rent and tuition. In order to save money designated for travel, I set up a separate travel savings account with my bank. A set amount from every paycheque is automatically deposited into that account. I’ve gotten so used to it that I don’t even notice that money is missing from my regular spending account. I love knowing that I always have some money set aside for weekend getaways and bigger vacations as well!

Who is your favourite travel companion?

My favourite travel buddy is my dad. He is an amazing researcher and trip planner, and I always treasure our vacations together. Recently we went on a roadtrip down the Oregon coast.

What is your favourite vacation you’ve been on?

My favourite vacation so far was my family trip to Mexico in 2010. It was my first international trip, and I remember being so excited to see the Mayan ruins. We stayed at a gorgeous all-inclusive resort, but also ventured off the resort land to do lots of sightseeing and hiking through the jungle. I will always remember that trip because I was so inspired by all the new things I was seeing that I started a travel journal, which I continue to write in today.

Have a lovely evening, and hopefully it won't be so long until my next post!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig