Saturday 30 June 2018

Write Every Day | May Challenge


I thought after running every day in April that writing every day in May would be a piece of cake. Boy was I wrong.

All I had to do in April was roll out of bed and force myself to put one foot in front of the other (over and over again). But it was much harder to sit there with a notebook and pen and will myself to write. I’d get distracted, check my phone, or zone out. Sometimes I felt like I just had nothing to write.



That being said, I still wrote way more than I would have without this challenge. I wrote a total of 19 out of the 31 days in May.

I want to try this challenge again in the future and be more intentional with setting aside time to write and taking away all distractions.


What did I write about in May?

  • Did some planning and writing for a light hearted funny/romantic story. It’s fun to work on and I do really want to continue with it
  • Running every day in April
  • Lists of complaints, distractions, and about how tired I feel (those were some pretty bad days, and I thought ranting to my journal might help)
  • A pizza love story (don’t ask. I may have been drunk and eating pizza at the time)
  • A really great day I had, and how thankful I was for silly small things
  • I divided the day into hours and tried to account for all my time. But then it kind of depressed me how little free time I have on weekdays compared to how much I want to fit into weekdays. I need to work on this more.


I definitely did not write anything memorable or ground-breaking, but it was a good way to practice setting up a writing routine. I learned what worked for me and what didn’t. I also learned that it is difficult to force inspiration and motivation, but it can be done with practice. While I did not knock this month’s challenge out of the park, I am still happy with the results and will make more of an effort to fit more time to write in going forward.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig