Thursday 11 August 2016

CHICKENS!!! | Terrace Day 2


On our second day in Terrace I woke up early and went for a really great run. I love exploring new places and taking in the sights while running! There were beautiful gardens, horses, and funny old buildings. Compared to Vancouver, Terrace really has a small town vibe.

Later that morning Doug took Cody and I to his friend’s property to see their chickens! Anyone that knows me knows that I love chickens so much. We got to feed the chickens and collect eggs. All the eggs were still warm and slightly different shades of white and brown; they looked beautiful all gathered up together. Playing with the chickens was the highlight of my day (or of my life?). 


In the afternoon we took the boat out on the river to pick up Cody’s mom for her birthday fishing trip. We found a good spot on a sandbank across the river from her place. We set up our chairs in the shade, but it was still so hot, the heat was almost unbearable! I read and pigged out on chips while everyone fished.

In the evening we sat around the campfire in Dawn’s backyard and roasted smokies. I felt pretty tired from being out in the hot sun all day, and I also had a ton of bug bites. I was very happy to go home, shower, and go to sleep.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig