Tuesday 9 August 2016

Flying, Storm, and Almost Dying | Terrace Day 1


Cody and I went on a week-long trip to Terrace, British Columbia to visit his family last month. It was my first time going there, and my first time meeting some of his family and hometown friends (besides the ones that have visited us in Vancouver). Over the next couple weeks I’ll be sharing our Terrace adventures, so please check back often!

We got up super early to get ready and have breakfast at home before our flight. We took the bus and skytrain to get the airport, and had a fun journey! I always find it’s so much more fun going to the airport than coming home from the airport.

Besides some trouble going through security (I couldn’t find my electronic boarding pass… always printing a paper copy from now on), it was an overall good airport experience. We got coffees and then hung out until it was time to board.

The flight itself was great! We were just on a small propeller plane, but there was tons of legroom! It was only a short flight, but we were served a complimentary drink and snack. It was so amazing watching the gorgeous view out the window.


Cody’s dad, Doug, picked us up from the airport and drove us over to his house. He lives in a cute old house full of knickknacks on a huge grassy property with a beautiful garden. After we dropped our luggage off we headed out to the lake.

It was a 1km walk through the forest to get to Gruchy’s Beach. We took a short detour and walked to a salmon viewing spot, which led up right next to the highway. We were just standing there looking around when a rock got kicked up from a passing car and hit a sign literally just an inch from my head! It knocked into the sign so hard that it made a huge dent! It could have killed me! I was definitely a little shaken after that experience, but I got over it and we headed back towards the beach.

The lake was beautiful, and the sand was so soft. There was no wind at all and it was crazy hot out. Unfortunately I didn’t take many pictures because I was more focused on filming video clips, which I'm currently editing together, so you'll see that soon! Cody and I went for a little swim before heading back to Doug’s for a big family dinner. The food was delicious and it was nice getting to know Cody’s family. After dinner a big storm hit and the power went out. We went for an evening walk in the rain and then cuddled up to watch American Crime Story on Cody’s laptop.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig