Thursday 14 January 2016

Cape Kiwanda | Oregon Journal




My dad and I got up at 6am to get the most out of our second day in Oregon. After a quick breakfast we drove from Portland to the Oregon Coast. We took a very scenic route through the country and it was so beautiful. After a couple hours of driving, we arrived at Cape Kiwanda. 



I’ve never seen anything like it before! The beach stretched infinitely in both directions, and the sand was so fine and soft. Massive rock formations jutted out from the ocean. It’s insane that something like this exists on earth. I’m so used to the Vancouver coastline, but the views here were so breathtaking and it reminded me how sublime nature can really be.



 




We climbed up the side of a steep sandy hill to a cliff projecting from the coastline. It felt like I was walking on another planet. It was a little scary because we were up so high, but it was also one of the highlights of the trip. My shoes were completely filled with sand by the time we got back to the car. 
 




Can you think of a moment when a view truly took your breath away? This may sound cheesy, but I love how travelling gives us the chance to see these amazing new sights. I live for moments like this.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig