Wednesday 6 January 2016

Portland Food Trucks | Oregon Journal



After a mini roadtrip from Vancouver, my dad and I arrived in Portland. We spent the afternoon exploring the city and enjoying the sights. My dad took lots of pictures (photo credit for most of the photos in this post goes to him), while all I could focus on was getting a snack. 



There were more Starbucks’ in Portland than in Vancouver! I wanted a snack more interesting than Starbucks… but I was starting to think it was the only quick option! I went into one hoping to grab a cookie or oatmeal bar, but they were sold out. The items left looked really sad and gross so I awkwardly walked out without buying anything.



 I was on the verge of becoming hangry when we came up with the idea of checking out the food trucks! We decided to go for some lamb gyros from a place called Small Pharoah’s, and we sat on little bar stools by the truck window to enjoy them. The gyros were only $5! And they were huge, good quality, so delicious, and super satisfying. Dad ended up dripping the sauce all over his shorts and it was so unfortunate, but so funny!


I think food trucks are a great alternative to fast food, and it gives you the opportunity to try interesting things! I would have loved to have a food truck meal again when we were in Portland, but we didn’t have a chance. This summer I’d love to try out some food truck gems home in Vancouver.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig